Lucky puppy survives after swallowing two-foot long metal lead

Metro

A Staffordshire bull terrier clearly didn’t fancy going for walkies after swallowing his 2ft long metal lead.

Nine-month-old Buster needed emergency surgery after grabbing the chain while his owner’s partner was distracted on the phone.

‘I was in bed ill at the time, when my partner came running upstairs and told me that Buster had swallowed his lead,’ explained owner Jackie Stephenson, 38, from Middlesbrough.

‘At first I didn’t believe it, I ran around turning the house upside down looking for the chain.

‘I didn’t think there was any way that he could do that. Plus he’s always been such a good puppy and never tried to eat anything before.’

Swallowing the chain could have been potentially deadly for Buster before he had an emergency procedure at his local PDSA PetAid hospital.

Vet Mary Tonge said: ‘We examined Buster’s stomach and couldn’t feel anything unusual; it wasn’t until we X-rayed…

View original post 95 more words

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s